28 February 2012
Install Android 4.03 on X10 Air Pad 7p ICS – Root version
Posted by pathfinder under: Android .
Prepare the files
- The tablet should be off and not connected to the computer, however it should be plugged into power
- Extract the firmware so you can see the image named “4.0-MOMO9C-97F1-D1-H2-H01-N412.20120206.img”
- Run LiveSuitPack 1.07
- After running the exe go to the folder and run the application (LiveSuit.exe approx. 2mb)
- Click Yes to the message
- Click “General” for the format mode, and then click Yes.
- Browse to the folder where the image 4.0-MOMO9C-97F1-D1-H2-H01-N412.20120206.img
- Prepare the Momo9 5. Whilst keep back button pressed, plug it in via USB
- Keep pressing the back button and also press the power button time for 10 times (this is an art and a science and will take several tries don’t expect to get it the first time)
- After several presses on the power button there will be a “sound” it connects as Windows recognises new USB hardware
- Windows 7 will install drivers automatically, in Windows XP you need to point windows to the directory where you extracted software (also make sure you do not have usb checkmarked in setup).
- When all the drivers are installed, the firmware will start to install automatically. If it doesn’t start automatically, unplug and try again.
- Finishing the Installation
- There will be no sign of loading on the Momo9 – don’t worry
- On the PC, LiveSuit shows a bar graph – it takes about 2 mins to go onto the Momo9 12. After the yellow bar on Livesuite is completed action (about 2 mins) nothing happens.
- You will see an exclamation mark (using Windows 7) with no text. Click OK.
- Then wait a few seconds. Unplug the momo9 from the USB. You will see a green battery symbol.
- Ignore it.
- Restart the tablet manually (as normal using the on/off button).
- After this, you will be given two options, click start using android wizard (or something similar).
Everything should be included (Market, Navigation, Maps etc) Enjoy it!
TOTAL TIME INCLUDING DOWNLOADS 20 minutes maximum.
Here is the download link that I used
You will also need the live suit pack which can be downloaded here
I was able to update my airpad with no loss of data or apps. I will let you know how the stability goes. From what I am hearing Adobe Flash works on this version.
Update: After playing with it for a few minutes it does seem to be more stable and a little faster. I have not gotten that annoying “WAIT” screen yet. Although the Gmail did close abruptly on me the first time I opened it, however no issues afterwards. Flash is working. visited several sites including youtube.